Valotalive team is proud to be a finalist in the international Digital Signage Awards 2018 in the Corporate category with Wärtsilä Enterprise Health & Safety (EHS) App. In this post we´ll share some insights about the concept.
Wärtsilä is the global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets.
Enterprise Health & Safety as a strategic priority
Wärtsilä has set a corporate level target of achieving zero lost time injuries. The initiative is called Wärtsilä Enterprise Health & Safety (EHS).
The target of the long-term commitment is to strengthen a safety culture, requiring actions from all Wärtsilä employees.
Driving EHS data transparency in the workplace
To strengthen the safety culture in the workplace Wärtsilä realised that this requires increase in overall awareness about the strategic initiative. This can be supported with sharing real time business intelligence about the safety records. As the majority of the employees are non office workers, something else along the laptop as the medium was needed.
The concept consists of the datasource (Synergi) integration to Workplace Communication platform (Valotalive) and data visualisation app on the info screens and intranet (Valotalive).
Data visualisation reaching all employees
In order to reach all employees in the workplace with the business intelligence data visualisation
- Using EHS visualisation app on the global info screens (Wärtsilä TV – WTV)
- Using EHS visualisation app on the global intranet
The product innovation is based on three elements of the Valotalive concept:
- GLOBALLY LOCAL – Using Valotalive customers can easily activate multiple EHS apps with individual setup to different sites to give the global big picture and local status
- ANY SCREEN TO REACH ALL EMPLOYEES – The app is running on Wärtsilä’s info screens. The embed (interactive) version of it is running also on Intranet. Using both applications Wärtsilä is able to reach all employees globally with this information.
- DATA AUTOMATION – The app uses Valotalive API to access real time data from Synergy EHS data management cloud. The process is fully automated; visualisation updates and re-draws itself on the fly. “Set it and forget it”
About Digital Signage Awards
The Digital Signage Awards are completely independent and, over the last five years, have recognised great companies, projects, content, campaigns and products from across the world.
We are looking forward to Awards ceremony in February in Amsterdam!